Notification of prices to the Pharmaceutical Database
Pharmaceutical Database is a part of the Kanta Services.
Established under legislation concerning electronic prescriptions, the Pharmaceutical Database contains up-to-date information needed to prescribe and dispense medicines. Effective 1 March 2015, the Pharmaceutical Information Centre has been contracted by Kela to ensure the technical maintenance of the Pharmaceutical Database.
The marketing authorisation holder, manufacturer or importer must notify price information to the Pharmaceutical Information Centre. The information must be submitted no later than eight working days before the 1st and 15th day of each month by 4 p.m. at the latest. The Pharmaceutical Information Centre has sent companies a detailed notification schedule and instructions on the submission procedure, which must be followed.
The prices used in the Pharmaceutical Database will be determined on the basis of the prices submitted by the deadline. The party submitting the price information is responsible for ensuring that it is correct.
The above schedule for price notifications does not concern the quarterly price notifications for substitutable medicinal products or those subject to the price notification procedure of the reference price system, for which Kela has given separate instructions.
- Quarterly price notifications
- Act on Electronic Prescriptions (61/2007) (in Finnish) (finlex.fi)
- Decree of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health concerning electronic prescriptions (485/2008) (in Finnish) (finlex.fi)
- Decree of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health concerning changes to the Decree concerning electronic prescriptions (814/2009) (in Finnish) (finlex.fi)
- Kanta Services (kanta.fi)