Kela's Info Tray
We develop and provide information services for our customers and for society at large. Our goal is to promote the exchange of information and to further the use of data by different organisational units within Kela. Our new website Kela's Info Tray gathers all the information together. Please note that some of the content is not available in English.
Kela as an information provider
We produce research, statistics, information materials and open data. We offer our partners novel ways to utilise data. We participate in legislative development in order to dismantle barriers to the exchange of data.
- Research on the Finnish social security system and its effectiveness
- Supporting efforts to develop Kela's benefit provision and other operations
- is a series of concise but comprehensive summaries on various topics of research.
- In the , Kela researchers discuss current topics from a variety of viewpoints, always on the basis of facts and data.
- Requests for access to use Kela register data for research purposes should be submitted to Kela when Kela is the sole source of data.
- to consult with one of our team of social security experts.
- Kela’s published research are freely available in the electronic .
- issues research permits and responds to requests for data when data are obtained from several sources.
Statistics and analytics
- Statistical publications
- Investigative analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning: Applications and development
- Research data sources: Information and permits
- is a series of concise but comprehensive summaries on various topics of research
- Kela’s statistical publications offer statistical data on Kela’s benefits and other operations both in summary form and analysed by topic
- Kela’s published research consists of peer-reviewed studies, working papers and standalone publications.
- Contact the if you need statistics on Kela’s benefits and other operations or general information about the statistics.
- Kela’s published research and statistics are freely available in the electronic .
- Developing and publishing open data
- Developing methods for the secondary use of data and the required storage, reporting, metrics and analytics solutions.
- is a statistical database produced by Kela. It contains key statistical data on the social security schemes administered by Kela. Users can create customised reports from the statistical data compiled by Kela.
- Kela’s customer data and core data resources
- Development and management of the Kanta services and other social and healthcare information services and data resources entrusted to Kela
- Domestic and international information exchange solutions
- Innovating and developing information services and products in collaboration with customers
- Service design and trialling of innovations
- Next, developing innovation and collaboration platforms for use by collaboration partners
- Open data is machine-readable data which may be freely used for any purpose. Kela makes open data available at .