An incident has occured in Kela’s translation service for people with disabilities More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
Financial aid is available for full-time study. The definition of full-time study varies depending on the type of education.
- If you study towards a degree in higher education, your studies are full-time.
- Other higher education studies are full-time if they consist on average of at least five credits per month of study.
You are considered to be studying on a full-time basis if you are completing
- a basic vocational qualification or a part of such qualification
- a course of study preparing you for vocational education (VALMA)
- a course of study preparing you for work and independent living (TELMA).
Completing a vocational qualification, specialist vocational qualification or a part of such qualification is considered to be full-time study if the agreed course of study consists on average of at least 4.5 ECVET points per month of study. Other vocational study is considered to be full-time if it consists on average of at least 25 weekly hours, 4.5 ECVET points or 3 credit units per month of study.
General upper secondary school
- Full-time study means that the course syllabus consists of at least 75 courses.
- In addition, you must, during a single term, attend at least 10 courses or take at least 2 tests which are part of the matriculation examination.
- If you study in a boarding school, such as a folk high school, your studies are considered to be full-time.
Education for persons with an immigrant background preparing them for upper secondary school study, and general upper vocational school for adult students in a dual qualification programme (which also includes a basic vocational qualification):
- The studies are full-time if you, during a single term, attend at least 10 courses or take at least 2 tests which are part of the matriculation examination.
You are considered to study on a full-time basis if the studies include at least 22 courses per school year.