How to apply for a child increase to a pension
- Enclose proof of payment or other evidence showing that you pay child support or otherwise contribute financially to your child's well-being, if your child does not live with you.
- Send your application online:
- Save the completed claim form on your device. Note that the claim must be in PDF format.
- and select Tee hakemus. It is only available in Finnish and Swedish.
- Select Eläkkeet and then Eläkkeensaajan lapsikorotus – tee hakemus.
- Select the claim on your device and press Lähetä.
- When you send your claim online you don’t need to sign it.
- If you have supporting documents, sent them via OmaKela after you have submitted your claim. If they are paper documents, you can photograph or scan them.
Another option is to send the application by mail:
- Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post. You can also view the decision on our e-service.
Apply for the child increase at the same time as you apply for a pension. If you choose to apply for it later, remember that the application can backdated for up to 6 months only.
- Use (in Finnish or Swedish) to see whether your application has been decided and when the benefit will be paid out.
- For information about how long the handling of an application usually takes, see .
Notification of changes and end of payment
Child increase recipients must notify Kela of any changes in child care arrangements.
Payment will end automatically at the beginning of the month following the child's 16th birthday.