How to claim flexible care allowance | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

How to claim flexible care allowance

Claim the flexible care allowance online

Claim now
  1. Use the OmaKela e-service to claim flexible care allowance.

  2. IIf both parents wish to claim flexible care allowance, they each must file a claim. Under Additional information, indicate when the two of you will take time off work for child care.
  3. Scan or take a photo of any supporting documents and send them through OmaKela. Enclose the following with your claim:
  4. Visit the OmaKela e-service to see if your claim has been decided, how much you will get and when you will be paid. You can also see possible reminders concerning, for instance, any documents missing from your claim. A written decision on your claim will be sent to you by post

Alternatively you can complete and print the application for flexible/partial care allowance, WH 9e (PDF). Send your claim by post along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.

If you use a paper form to claim the allowance, ask your employer to complete the final page of the claim. You can also provide a copy of the employer's statement detailing your working hours.

If you live in the Åland Islands you should claim flexible care allowance from your municipality of residence.

When to claim

You should claim flexible care allowance well in advance of when you wish to receive it. The allowance is available retrospectively for a maximum of 6 months from the date of the claim.

Report changes in your circumstances

Remember to report all changes in your circumstances in regard to the flexible care allowance to Kela so that the benefit can be paid correctly.

If you wish to end payment of the allowance, you can do that in OmaKela. You can also contact Kela by phone.

Read more

Last modified 22/1/2024

What do you think of this page?