Temporary stay abroad | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

Temporary stay abroad

If you move abroad temporarily (i.e. for less than six months), pensions and the child increase paid by Kela will be paid in the normal manner during the stay abroad. However, you should notify Kela of the move abroad.

Guarantee pensions and housing allowance for pensioners can only be paid if the stay abroad is temporary. The housing allowance for pensioners is paid only towards the costs of a permanent home located in Finland.

The authorised pension providers pay earnings-related pensions without any limits. If you have accrued an earnings-related pension in Finland, please consult the website tyoelake.fi.

Read more

Last modified 19/2/2024

What do you think of this page?