Interruption in online services 23 March 06:00–12:00 More information
Appealing a decision made by the Appeals Management Centre
If you think the decision by Kela’s Appeals Management Centre is wrong, you can appeal the decision to the Administrative Court in your region. There are six regional Administrative Courts in Finland.
Do as follows
- File the appeal in writing within 37 days of the date of mailing of the decision you received from the Appeals Management Centre. The date of mailing is shown on the decision.
- Send the letter of appeal and the supporting documents to the Administrative Court for the region where your place of domicile is located. If you do not have a place of domicile in Finland, the documents should be sent to Helsinki Administrative Court.
- The appeal can also be submitted to Kela for forwarding to the Administrative Court.
- Kela will give a statement regarding the appeals to the Administrative Court.
- When the Administrative Court has decided the case, you will receive a decision to your home address by post. If you think the decision is wrong, you can request a leave to appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court.
- If the Administrative Court has changed or repealed the decision of the Appeals Management Centre, you will receive a new decision from Kela and the amount of basic social assistance that had been left unpaid is automatically paid to you if the decision entails such payment.
Contact information to the Administrative Courts
Helsinki Administrative Court
Tel. 029 56 42069
Tel. 029 56 42210
PO Box 1744
Tel. 029 56 42502
PO Box 189
Tel. 029 56 42800
PO Box 32
Tel. 029 56 42410
PO Box 204
Tel. 029 56 42780
PO Box 180
Tel. 029 56 40200