Kela produces benefit guides and leaflets covering the entire range of social security benefits available from Kela. Some brochures are available in Finnish and Swedish only, but some are translated to English and other languages.
These publications are available online in PDF format. To view them, you must have installed Adobe® Reader® (available as a free download on the Adobe website).
Printed brochures are available at Kela service points. Collaborators can order brochures by email from Kela (email@example.com).
- Families with children (PDF).
Benefits for families with children.
- Family leave reform (PDF).
Information about the upcoming changes in parental benefits.
- General housing allowance (PDF).
- Health and rehabilitation (PDF).
Sickness allowances, reimbursements for medical and dental expenses, medicine expences, rehabilitation and disability benefits.
- Moving to or from Finland (PDF).
How to get into the Finnish social security system, and what happens when you move from Finland to another country?
- Pensions and retirement (PDF).
Pensions and housing allowance and care allowance for pensioners.
- Social assistance (PDF).
Last-resort financial assistance.
- Students and conscripts (PDF).
Benefits for students and conscripts.
- Unemployment (PDF).
Financial support for the unemployed.
Social assistance factsheets
- Social assistance in brief (PDF).
- Changes in benefit amounts may affect the social assistance (PDF).