Kela produces benefit guides and leaflets covering the entire range of social security benefits available from Kela. Some brochures are available in Finnish and Swedish only, but some are translated to English and other languages.
These publications are available online in PDF format. To view them, you must have installed Adobe® Reader® (available as a free download on the Adobe website).
|Home and family (pdf)
Benefits for families with children and housing allowances
|Health and Rehabilitation (pdf)
Compensation for illness and daily allowances, rehabilitation and disability benefits
Financial support for students and allowances for military conscripts
Financial support for the unemployed
How to submit your unemployment status report online (pdf)
|Pensions and retirement (pdf)
Pension security, housing allowance and care allowance
|Moving to or away from Finland (pdf)
How to get into the Finnish social security system and what happens when you move from Finland to another country?
|Basic social assistance (pdf)|
Benefits and online services
- Social assistance in brief (pdf)
- Changes to social assistance payments (pdf)
- How to apply for Kela benefits and send supporting documents online (pdf)
- How to submit your unemployment status report online (pdf)
- Changes in benefit amounts may affect the social assistance (pdf)