Interruption in online customer service 14 December 06:00-19:00 More information
When pregnant and with a newborn
- Maternity grant
- You can choose between a maternity package and a €170 cash benefit.
- The determination of parental allowances will change
- Starting from 1 January 2020 the allowance for parents is determined on the basis of an annual income.
- Maternity allowance
- Maternity allowance is paid for about 4 months during the maternity leave.
- Paternity allowance
- Paternity allowance is paid for about 9 weeks during the paternity leave.
- Parental allowance
- Either the mother or father can take a parental leave.
- Child benefit
- Child benefit is paid for children under the age of 17.
Child care allowances
- Child home care allowance
- Mother or father looks after the child at home.
- Private day care allowance
- Child under school age is looked after by a caregiver paid by the family or a private day care provider.
- Flexible care allowance
- Parent works up to 30 hours a week, using the remaining time to look after a child under 3 years of age.
- Partial care allowance
- Parent works up to 30 hours a week, using the remaining time to look after a child in the 1st or 2nd year of school.