How to report changes that will affect your guarantee pension
If you are paid a guarantee pension, you must notify Kela of the following types of changes:
- if you begin to receive another pension, compensation or survivors' pension from Finland or from abroad or if the amount of these benefits changes
- if you move abroad or stay abroad for more than one month.
- if you start a job that pays you more than EUR 837.59 per month
If you are aged over 65 years or you receive an old-age pension and you start working, you need not report this to Kela.
However, report the work if you are aged under 65 years and you receive a disability pension from Kela and an old-age pension from the authorised pension provider.
If you are an immigrant and you are paid a guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, you must also notify Kela of the following changes:
- if you are aged under 65 years and you start a job that pays you more than EUR 837.59 per month
- if your health status or capacity for work improves
- if you complete a vocational education
- if you drop out of a rehabilitation programme.
Notification of changes to other pensions or compensations:
- Report the changes online. Log in using your online banking codes or a mobile ID.
- You can also notify changes by calling our customer service number 020 634 2650 or by visiting a Kelas customer service office.
- You can also complete form EV 285 (in Finnish). Send the form to Kela.
Send the form to Kela.