How to report changes that will affect your guarantee pension

If you are paid a guarantee pension, you must notify Kela of the following types of changes:

  • if you begin to receive another pension, compensation or survivors' pension from Finland or from abroad or if the amount of these benefits changes
  • if you move abroad or stay abroad for more than one month.

If you are an immigrant and you are paid a guarantee pension on the basis of incapacity for work, you must also notify Kela of the following changes:

  • if you start a job that pays you more than EUR 737,45 per month
  • if your health status or capacity for work improves
  • if you complete a vocational education
  • if you drop out of a rehabilitation programme.

Report changes

Notification of changes to other pensions or compensations:

  • Report the changes online. Log in using your online banking codes or a mobile ID.
  • You can also notify changes by calling our customer service number 020 634 2650 or by visiting a Kelas customer service office.
  • You can also complete form EV 285 (in Finnish). Send the form to Kela.

Other changes:
•    Start of employment and suspension of the pension, form EV 278 (in Finnish).
•    Other changes on form EV 285 (in Finnish).

Send the form to Kela.

Also remember to check how any changes in your circumstances affect other benefits paid by Kela.

Frequently asked questions