Interruption in online service for recruitment 21 September 01:00–08:00 More information
How to apply for an EU Disability Card
When you apply for an EU Disability Card, Kela will check that you have a valid decision, which makes you eligible to order the card. If you have a valid decision, you are entitled to order a card. You must fill in the order form and order the card yourself.
- Fill in the order form (VK 1e) and save it to your computer.
- Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish only) using your online banking ID or a mobile ID.
- Send the form using the message function ‘Viestit’ (in Finnish) or ‘Meddelanden’ (in Swedish).
- As the subject for your message, select ‘Vammaistuet’ and ‘EU:n Vammaiskortti’ (in Finnish) or ’Handikappbidrag’ and ‘Det europeiska funktionshinderkortet’ (in Swedish). Attach the form to the message and click ‘Lähetä’ (in Finnish) or ‘Sänd’ (in Swedish).
- You can also scan or photograph the form and send it as an attachment through the message function.
- You can also send the form to Kela by post.
- Remember to send necessary attachments.
- If the decision you have was given by Kela you don't need to enclose a copy of it.
- If the decision you have was not given by Kela, enclose a copy or a photo of the decision with your application.
- If you are a holder of a Vision Impairment Card, enclose a photo or a copy of that card to your application.
- If you have a valid decision, you are entitled to order a card and a link will be sent to you via email. After this you must fill in the order form and order the card yourself.