An incident has occured in Kela’s translation service for people with disabilities More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
How to apply for an EU Disability Card
When you apply for an EU Disability Card, Kela will check that you have a valid decision, which makes you eligible to order the card. If you have a valid decision, you are entitled to order a card. You must fill in the order form and order the card yourself.
- Fill in the order form (VK 1e) and save it to your computer.
- Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish only) using your online banking ID or a mobile ID.
- Send the form using the message function ‘Viestit’ (in Finnish) or ‘Meddelanden’ (in Swedish).
- As the subject for your message, select ‘Vammaistuet’ and ‘EU:n Vammaiskortti’ (in Finnish) or ’Handikappbidrag’ and ‘Det europeiska funktionshinderkortet’ (in Swedish). Attach the form to the message and click ‘Lähetä’ (in Finnish) or ‘Sänd’ (in Swedish).
- You can also scan or photograph the form and send it as an attachment through the message function.
- You can also send the form to Kela by post.
- Remember to send necessary attachments.
- If the decision you have was given by Kela you don't need to enclose a copy of it.
- If the decision you have was not given by Kela, enclose a copy or a photo of the decision with your application.
- If you are a holder of a Vision Impairment Card, enclose a photo or a copy of that card to your application.
- If you have a valid decision, you are entitled to order a card and a link will be sent to you via email. After this you must fill in the order form and order the card yourself.