Disability | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

Do you need support because of a disability or illness?

  1. Ask your doctor for a medical statement
    In order to apply for disability allowance for yourself or your underage child, you will need a medical statement C or other medical documentation from your doctor.
  2. Apply for an allowance
    Apply for disability allowance or care allowance for pensioners on the same form, Disability allowance for persons aged 16 years or over (EV 256e, PDF). Kela will determine which allowance you are entitled to.

    If you are applying for an allowance for a child under the age of 16, apply for disability allowance on the form Disability allowance for persons under 16 years (EV 258e, PDF).

    Sign the application and mail it along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.

What else is going on in your life?

Current topics

The Disability Card

The Disability Card makes it easier for persons with disabilities to indicate their disabled status or their need for an assistant.

Read more