Returning to Finland | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

Returning to Finland

If your entitlement to Kela benefits has been interrupted while you were living abroad, you can begin to receive benefits again after your return to Finland. Apply for a Kela card or Kela benefits in Kela’s e-service, OmaKela. You must also file a notification of moving to Finland. It is not enough to only submit a notification of move to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.

If you have been covered by the Finnish social security system during your stay abroad, please report your return in OmaKela.

Log in using your online banking credentials or a mobile ID. You can also call the customer service number 020 634 0200 for questions related to a move to or from Finland.

Read more

Last modified 19/2/2024