Adaptation training course for adults IBD
The adaptation training course is suitable for you, if
- you are over 18 and you have been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease or Colitis ulcerosa
- adaptation training is useful for you and your need for it has been assessed by a healthcare provider
- you are able to function independently enough to be able to participate in group-based rehabilitation and to move around the service provider’s premises without constant assistance.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term “IBD”. Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support in the changed situation caused by the illness. You will also receive information and guidance to help you to continue living a life that is as full and meaningful as possible despite your illness. Rehabilitation is also a way of strengthening your resources and life management skills in order for you to be able to function as independently and actively as possible in your everyday life.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The rehabilitation is arranged on the service provider’s premises. The course lasts 5 days. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in internal medicine or gastroenterology
- nutritional therapist
- social worker, Bachelor of Social Sciences or rehabilitation instructor.
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals may also take part.