Who can be granted interpreter service for the disabled? | Our Services | KelaSkip to content


You are entitled to interpreter service for the disabled if 

  • you have a hearing impairment, vision and hearing impairment or speech impairment
  • you have a place of domicile in Finland
  • you can express yourself through interpretation and you use a functioning communication method

Examples of communication methods:

  • Finnish sign language or Finnish-Swedish sign language
  • sign-supported speech in Finnish or Swedish
  • speech interpretation
  • text-to-speech interpretation
  • other communication methods for persons with speech impairment, such as communication with pictures
Last modified 22/4/2021

What do you think of this page?