Adaptation training course for adults who have had an organ transplant
The adaptation training course is suitable for you, if
- you have had an organ transplant (liver, kidney, heart, lung or intestine transplant), and if at least 6 months or a maximum of 5 years have elapsed since the transplant.
- you are motivated to participate in group-based rehabilitation, and your health and wellbeing do not hinder participation in rehabilitation
- you want to participate in face-to-face and telerehabilitation.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term ”elinsiirto”. Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support in the changed situation caused by the transplant. You will also receive information and guidance to help you to continue living a life that is as full and meaningful as possible despite the transplant. Rehabilitation is also a way of strengthening your resources and life management skills in order for you to be able to function as independently and actively as possible in your everyday life.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The rehabilitation is partly arranged on the service provider’s premises face-to-face and partly in the form of telerehabilitation. If necessary, the service provider will lend you the device needed for you to be able to participate in telerehabilitation.
The rehabilitation arranged on the service provider’s premises lasts 5 days. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day. An adult close relative participates in the rehabilitation together with you during this time. You can also participate in the course without the participation of a close relative.
The telerehabilitation part of the course is implemented over a period of 5 weeks:
- as real-time videoconferencing in which a close relative of yours may participate
- as online rehabilitation at a time suitable to you
- as days of telerehabilitation that include videoconferencing and online rehabilitation.
Your close relative can participate in one day of telerehabilitation together with you. You can also apply for rehabilitation allowance from Kela for the day of telerehabilitation.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in nephrology or internal medicine
- registered nurse or public health nurse
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals and assisting personnel may also take part.