Report changes in your circumstances | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

Report changes that affect the orphan's pension

Please remember to notify Kela of any changes that may affect your survivors' pension. If you do not notify such changes, you may be forced to pay back the pension amount that was too high.

The orphan's pension is affected by, for instance, income.

If you are paid an orphan's pension, you must notify Kela of the following types of changes:

  • if you begin to receive another pension, compensation or survivors' pension from Finland or from abroad or if the amount of these benefits changes
  • if you move abroad or stay abroad for more than one month.

Report the changes by using OmaKela (in Finnish or Swedish) or by calling Kela's phone services.

Don't forget to check how any changes in your circumstances will affect other benefits paid to you by Kela.

Read more

Last modified 22/4/2021

What do you think of this page?