How to report changes that affect maternity, paternity or parental allowances – due date before 4 September 2022
The information on this page applies to your family if:
- the estimated due date of your baby was before 4 September 2022
- you adopted a child and the child was placed in your care on or before 30 July 2022.
Maternity allowance, special maternity allowance and parental allowance can no longer be applied for. Paternity allowance can still be applied for.
If you get paternity or parental allowance, tell Kela about the following:
- you are in paid employment on regular working days (Monday to Saturday). Check the information about each specific benefit as to whether you are permitted to work while receiving paternity or parental allowance
- you move abroad as a family
- a child of yours moves abroad
Which changes need not be reported?
- If you work on Sundays or other holidays
If you are paid holiday bonus or holiday pay during paternity or parental leave.