Adaptation training course for adults with respiratory disease
The adaptation training course is suitable for you, if
- you have been diagnosed with a respiratory disease and your condition necessitates multidisciplinary support and guidance
- you are interested in participating in face-to-face and online rehabilitation.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term ”hengityssairaus”. Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Rehabilitation is arranged for the following target groups:
- persons suffering from asthma who are studying, working, returning to work or receiving rehabilitation subsidy
- persons diagnosed with asthma who are absent from the labour market
- persons with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease who are studying, working, returning to work or receiving rehabilitation subsidy
- persons diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease who are absent from the labour market
- persons with a rare respiratory disease who are studying, working, returning to work or receiving rehabilitation subsidy or absent from the labour market.
The course is also available in Swedish.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support in the changed situation caused by the illness. You will also receive information and guidance to help you to continue living a life that is as full and meaningful as possible despite your illness. Rehabilitation is also a way of strengthening your resources and life management skills in order for you to be able to function as independently and actively as possible in your everyday life.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The rehabilitation is partly arranged on the service provider’s premises and partly in the form of telerehabilitation. If necessary, the service provider will lend you the device needed for you to be able to participate in telerehabilitation.
The rehabilitation arranged on the service provider’s premises lasts 3 days. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day.
The telerehabilitation part of the course is implemented over a period of 8 weeks:
- as real-time videoconferencing in which a close relative of yours may participate
- as online rehabilitation at a time suitable to you
- as days of telerehabilitation which include videoconferencing and online rehabilitation. For the days of telerehabilitation, you can also apply for rehabilitation allowance from Kela.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in respiratory medicine, general practice or occupational health
- registered nurse, public health nurse or asthma nurse
- social worker, Bachelor of Social Sciences, rehabilitation instructor or Master of Social Sciences (major subject rehabilitation science)
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals may also take part.