Interruption in online services 23 March 06:00–12:00 More information
How to apply for the right to interpreter service
Apply for the right to interpreter service for the disabled if you have a hearing impairment, vision and hearing impairment or speech impairment and you need interpreter service due to your disability.
In addition you must use a functioning communication method, and you must have a place of domicile in Finland.
- Complete and print out the form Vammaisen henkilön tulkkauspalveluhakemus, pdf in Finnish (TU 1).
- Complete a customer registration form to enclose with the application:
- If you have a hearing impairment, complete the form Asiakastietolomake, pdf in Finnish (TU 10).
- If you have a speech impairment, complete the form Asiakastietolomake, pdf in Finnish (TU 11).
- If you have a vision and hearing impairment, complete the form Asiakastietolomake, pdf in Finnish (TU 12)
- See instructions for completing the form.
- Enclose a statement from a social and healthcare professional or other professional (e.g. speech therapist) indicating
which communication methods you use
an assessment from the writer of the statement of the usefulness of interpreter service for you.
what type of disability or illness you have that causes a need for interpreter service
Send the application along with all necessary supporting documents by post to Kela. You can also use the message function in Kela's online customer service system to send the supporting documents.
Usually the right to interpreter service is only applied for once. If you need additional hours of interpreter service, student interpreter service, remote interpreter service or interpreter service for travel abroad, these should be applied for separately.