Interruption in e-services on 19 September 2021 between 05:00 and 13:00, affecting the following identification methods: Aktia, Handelsbanken, Oma Säästöpankki, POP Pankki and Säästöpankki More information
Book interpreter services for students
Book interpreter services for students via the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled as soon as you have been granted the right to use interpretation.
State the following in your booking:
- your name and customer number or date of birth
- your degree programme or line of study
- the studies for which you need interpretation
- the total duration of your studies
- the start and end dates of the academic term
- an estimate of the number of hours of study per day and a preliminary study timetable
- address and locality of the educational institution
- other information about your studies (e.g. the language used)
- whether you use on-site or remote interpretation or both
Interpreter services for students for the whole academic year
Interpreter services for students are provided for one academic year at a time starting from autumn (e.g. 1 August to 31 May). In the autumn, new assignments are made in the 31st week of the year, and you will be informed of the service provider and your assigned interpreter during that same week. If your studies start at some other time of the year, an interpreter will be assigned immediately.
The Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled looks for a suitable interpreter on the basis of your booking and the information you have provided. If you accept the suggested interpreter, he or she will be assigned to the booking.
No interpreter list is used for interpreter services for students.
Book an interpreter before the academic year starts
Remember to book an interpreter for the next academic year in time, preferably before Midsummer.
Send the timetable to the interpreter
When you have received the timetable, you should send it to the interpreter without delay.
Report changes to the interpreter
If there are changes in your school days, you should report them to the interpreter without delay.
Such changes are for instance:
- a lecture is cancelled or there are new lectures
- visits or excursions are made outside the timetable
- the place for the lectures change (e.g. same school but different building)
- you are absent from school due to illness