Corona situation effects Kela’s benefits, services and the processing of applications More information
Personal interpreter list
The interpreter list is a list of interpreters to whom your bookings are primarily allocated. You can choose whether to use an interpreter list or not. You compile the list together with Kela.
The interpreter list is intended to ensure that you receive high-quality, comprehensive and functioning interpreter service. For this reason, the list is not drawn up separately for every booking.
If you wish, you can add interpreters to the list or remove interpreters from the list. The interpreter can also request to be removed from the list.
If you want an interpreter list
Do as follows
- Suggest interpreters for your list who work in your home locality or nearby. Make your suggestions on the customer registration form.
- Information on the interpreters is available on the websites of the service providers in your region, and information on the service providers is available in the following file.
- You can name one of the interpreters that you have suggested for instance for hobbies or for meetings at work.
- If you regularly need interpreter service outside your place of residence, you can suggest an interpreter who works near the place where you need interpreter service.
- Send the customer registration form to Kela by post or via the message function in the online customer service system.
Before you start using the interpreter list
- The Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled checks that the interpreters you have suggested are suitable specifically for your needs and that the interpreter works near you. If the interpreter you have suggested is not suitable, the Centre will contact you so that you can together find suitable interpreters for your list.
- The Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled checks with the interpreters that you have suggested that they are available.
- You will receive written information about the interpreters that are included in your list.
No interpreter list is compiled for studies.
- Uusimaa (in Finnish, pdf)
- Western (in Finnish, pdf)
- Central (in Finnish, pdf)
- Pohjanmaa (in Finnish, pdf)
- Eastern (in Finnish, pdf)
- Northern (in Finnish, pdf)
If you do not want an interpreter list
If you do not want an interpreter list, a suitable interpreter who works near the place where you need interpreter service will be allocated to you.
If you need interpreter service for a family occasion, you can yourself suggest an interpreter. Your spouse/partner can also book an interpreter for child-birth and preceding medical examinations.
Family occasions include
- your own or a close relative’s wedding
- a close relative’s funeral
- your child’s christening
- child-birth and preceding medical examinations.