Remote service of the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled
The remote service of the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled provides service in the Finnish sign language as well as in spoken Finnish and Swedish. You can use the remote service for brief interactions. It is not necessary to book an appointment beforehand. The remote service also offers a chat service where you can use quick messaging to handle your affairs.
The remote service is available in Finnish, Swedish and Finnish Sign Language from Monday to Friday 08:00–16:00.Open connection
The remote service is intended for customers who have the right use interpreter services for the disabled.
Via the remote service you can
- book an interpreter, provide further information about your booking, or cancel a booking
- request more information about the interpreter service and the right to use it
- reply to requests for further information
- connect with a remote interpreter without a previous appointment to get help for example with your daily affairs
- give feedback.
How to use the remote service
- Open the remote connection.
- After a few seconds, you will be connected with a Kela customer service specialist.
- If none are currently available, you can stay online or close the connection and try again later.
Necessary equipment and settings
To use the remote service, you need a smartphone, a tablet or a computer. Your device must have
- a microphone
- speakers or headphones
- a video camera
- a web browser, such as Safari (iOS) or Google Chrome (version 64 or later)
- sufficient bandwidth for data transfer (at least 1,200 kbit/s)
If you do not have a compatible device of your own, you can borrow one from Kela.
When you use the remote service for the first time you may have to adjust the camera settings on your device. If you need to adjust the settings, you can do so by clicking the gear icon. When you adjust the settings, the picture will go out for a few seconds.
If you cannot connect with the remote service, you can first try to delete your browsing history.
If you are unable to fix the problem, send email to Kela’s technical support at email@example.com.