Report changes that affect the daily allowances for parents
If you receive pregnancy allowance, special pregnancy allowance or parental allowance, please notify Kela of the following changes:
- You start working on weekdays (Mon—Sat). In such a case, daily allowances for parents are not paid for the period of employment.
- You take annual holiday or other paid leave from your paid employment.
- You move abroad.
- You receive parental allowance from abroad.
- You no longer take care of the child for whom you receive parental allowance.
- You are insured under the Self-Employed Persons’ (YEL) or Farmers’ (MYEL) Pensions Act and there is a change in your insurable earnings or the insurance ends.
What changes need not be reported?
You do not need to notify Kela if
- you work on Sundays or other holidays.
- you are paid holiday bonus or holiday pay during special pregnancy leave, pregnancy leave or parental leave.