Report changes that affect the daily allowances for parents | Our Services | KelaSkip to content

Report changes that affect the daily allowances for parents

If you receive pregnancy allowance, special pregnancy allowance or parental allowance, please notify Kela of the following changes:

  • You start working on weekdays (Mon—Sat). In such a case, daily allowances for parents are not paid for the period of employment.
  • You take annual holiday or other paid leave from your paid employment.
  • You move abroad.
  • You receive parental allowance from abroad.
  • You no longer take care of the child for whom you receive parental allowance.
  • You are insured under the Self-Employed Persons’ (YEL) or Farmers’ (MYEL) Pensions Act and there is a change in your insurable earnings or the insurance ends.

Report changes in the OmaKela e-service. To log in to OmaKela, users need their online bank credentials or a mobile ID. You can also contact Kela by phone.

What changes need not be reported?

You do not need to notify Kela if

  • you work on Sundays or other holidays.
  • you are paid holiday bonus or holiday pay during special pregnancy leave, pregnancy leave or parental leave.

Frequently asked questions

Read more

What do you think of this page?