NUOTTI coaching is a personalised type of coaching for young persons who have experienced a significant decline in their functional capacity. The goal is to strengthen the participants’ own conception of their strengths and resources and to bolster life management skills and the competences needed to participate in working life. During the coaching, the participants take the first steps towards starting a course of education and entering the working world.
Each participant has a personal NUOTTI coach.
No medical diagnosis or doctor’s evaluation of your health status is needed to apply to NUOTTI coaching.
You can apply if you are between 16 and 29 and need support to meet the various challenges you face in daily life and to make plans for the future. For example,
- you may not have yet found a suitable education or job
- you may have interrupted your studies or be at risk of doing so
- your plans for the future may still be unclear and you may need help to work them out.
If your health or functional capacity is such that it is not yet the right time for you to start a goal-oriented course of rehabilitation built around a coaching approach, you should first take a look at other rehabilitation options. Feel free to contact Kela for help in sorting out your rehabilitation options.
Goals of NUOTTI coaching
NUOTTI coaching is designed to help you
- recognise your own strengths, skills and resources
- learn how to use your resources in daily life, studies, work and job search
- work on your life management skills (for example self-care, financial skills and dealing with daily chores)
- improve your readiness to participate in working life
- learn more about various options for studying, working or getting into rehabilitation
- plan your education or your place in the working world
- access a support network and services that can help you make progress towards your goals.
What NUOTTI coaching involves and how it is implemented
NUOTTI coaching takes the form of personal meetings between your coach and yourself. There can be up to 20 meetings, with each lasting 60 minutes. Your coach will contact you regularly, and you can ask him or her for help with any practical issues that you may be wondering about. For example, your coach can accompany you when you visit Kela, the TE Office or a doctor’s office.
The coaching includes collaboration with others whose involvement is important in terms of helping you to reach your goals.
The coaching takes place over a period of five months. If you are participating in some other type of rehabilitation or rehabilitative work activity at the same time, the coaching can take place over a period of ten months.