Adaptation training course for adults with rheumatism
The adaptation training course is suitable for you, if
- you are over 18 and you have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis or some other inflammatory rheumatic disease
- your treatment, provided at specialist level, has started, your condition is under control and enables you to participate in the course.
- you are in need of multidisciplinary rehabilitation and you are able to function independently enough to move around the service provider’s premises and to participate in the rehabilitation without constant assistance.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term “reuma-sopeutumisvalmennus”. Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Rehabilitation is arranged for the following target groups:
- persons with rheumatoid arthritis
- persons with ankylosing spondylitis
- persons with psoriatic arthritis
- persons aged between 18 and 39 with rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis or some other inflammatory rheumatic disease.
The course is also available in Swedish.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support in the changed situation caused by the disease. You will also receive information and guidance to help you to continue living a life that is as full and meaningful as possible despite your illness. Rehabilitation is also a way of strengthening your resources and life management skills in order for you to be able to function as independently and actively as possible in your everyday life.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The rehabilitation is arranged on the service provider’s premises. The course lasts 7 days and it is divided into two periods (4 days + 3 days). You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation and between the rehabilitation periods.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in rheumatology
- 2 physiotherapists or a physiotherapist and an occupational therapist
- social worker, Bachelor of Social Sciences or rehabilitation instructor.
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals and assisting personnel may also take part.