KIILA - Vocationally oriented rehabilitation for persons who are gainfully employed
The purpose of KIILA rehabilitation is to improve rehabilitation clients' ability to work and to support them in remaining economically active.
KIILA rehabilitation may be for you if
- you are employed or self-employed and have an illness that makes it more difficult for you to work
- you have already received assistance from your occupational health provider or your workplace, but you feel it is not enough
- you need expert advice on occupational issues and matters relating to well-being at work as well as on health and life management.
The rehabilitation must be started at a sufficiently early stage so as to secure your ability to remain economically active.
KIILA rehabilitation services are provided in cooperation with your occupational healthcare provider and your workplace. This cooperation is essential to maintaining and restoring your work capacity.
You can apply to KIILA rehabilitation even if you do not have occupational healthcare coverage. Also your primary healthcare provider or a private physician can recommend KIILA rehabilitation for you.
Learn more about KIILA rehabilitation courses
Use the rehabilitation course search function to look up KIILA rehabilitation courses. Even if you cannot find a suitable course, you can still apply to KIILA rehabilitation. Kela can put together new KIILA rehabilitation groups based on applications from individual clients.Rehabilitation course search
KIILA rehabilitation is arranged in the form of courses or individual service
The KIILA rehabilitation courses are arranged separately for different occupations. The employers and occupational health providers have applied for these courses for the employees and the trade unions for their members. The courses can be found via the rehabilitation course search. Use the search term ‘KIILA’.
Rehabilitation groups in KIILA rehabilitation courses consist of 5–8 clients. The rehabilitation includes
- 10–13 days of rehabilitation in group form
- 1 day of outpatient rehabilitation
- 3–5 individual visits.
When you participate in rehabilitation in group form you can travel to the rehabilitation premises from your home or stay overnight at the rehabilitation premises.
If you cannot find a suitable KIILA rehabilitation course or the course dates are not suitable for you, you can apply for individual KIILA rehabilitation. In individual rehabilitation, the occupation has not been determined beforehand. The service provider forms a group from individual applicants. The group can be targeted at specific occupations or the participants can have different occupations.
The participants in individual KIILA rehabilitation are offered more individual guidance visits than are participants in KIILA rehabilitation courses.
Rehabilitation groups in individual KIILA rehabilitation consist of 3–5 clients. The individual rehabilitation includes
- 8–9 days of rehabilitation in group form
- 1 day of outpatient rehabilitation
- 4–8 individual visits.
Also when you participate in individual rehabilitation in group form you can travel to the rehabilitation premises from your home or stay overnight at the rehabilitation premises.
During group-based rehabilitation periods you can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day. Staying overnight during group-based rehabilitation periods will not cause any costs for you.
In connection with outpatient days of individual rehabilitation and visits in connection with individual rehabilitation it is not possible to stay overnight free of charge, with the exception of the following situations:
- You can stay overnight at the end of a day of outpatient individual rehabilitation if a group-based rehabilitation period starts the following day and you have reported that you will stay overnight during the group-based rehabilitation period. In such a case, staying overnight will not cause any costs for you.
- You can stay overnight at the end of a group-based rehabilitation period if a visit in connection with individual rehabilitation is scheduled for the following day and you have reported that you will stay overnight during the group-based rehabilitation period. In such a case, staying overnight will not cause any costs for you.
In other situations, it is not possible to stay overnight free of charge in connection with a visit in connection with individual rehabilitation or a day of outpatient individual rehabilitation. You must also separately enquire about the possibility of staying overnight from the service provider.