Interruption in access to appointment booking service 21 October 06:00-08:00 More information
An incident has occurred in Kela’s remote customer services More information
The online form for paying the student healthcare fee will be unavailable between 15 October and 21 October 2021 More information
If your earnings-related pension is small or if you receive no earnings-related pension, you can receive a national pension. These benefits include old-age pensions and disability pensions.
- National pension, earnings-related pension or both
- Kela pays you a national pension if your earnings-related pension is small or if you receive no earnings-related pension. Earnings-related pensions are paid by authorised pension providers.
- Disability pension and rehabilitation subsidy
- If you become seriously ill or disabled, Kela can pay a rehabilitation subsidy or a disability pension when your earnings-related pension is small.
- Old-age pension
- If you have retired on an old-age pension and your earnings-related pension is small, the old-age pension from Kela provides financial support.
- Early old-age pension
- If you retire on an earnings-related pension before the age of 65 and your earnings-reated pension is small, you can apply for an early old-age pension.
- Guarantee pension
- The guarantee pension provides a minimum pension to pensioners with low income.
- Pension from abroad
- If you have worked abroad, you have possibly accrued pension rights.
Benefits for pension recipients
- Housing allowance for pensioners
- You can apply for housing allowance for pensioners for your permanent rental or owner-occupied home in Finland.
- Reimbursement of medical care expenses
- You can get reimbursement for part of the cost of visiting a private healthcare provider and necessary treatment.
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- You can get reimbursement for your travel costs in connection with the treatment of an illness.
- Kela provides partial reimbursement for the cost of medication prescribed for an illness.
- Annual maximum on out-of-pocket medicine costs
- If you reach the annual maximum for medicine costs, you become entitled to an additional reimbursement.
- Care allowance for pensioners
- You can apply for care allowance for pensioners if your health deteriorates while you are retired.
- Social assistance
- You can apply for basic social assistance if your incomes and assets are not sufficient to cover your necessary everyday expenses.
- Child increase
- You can apply for a child increase if your or your spouse's/partner's children under the age of 16 years live with you in the same household.
- Front-veteran’s supplements
- The front-veteran's supplement and additional front-veteran's supplement are paid on the 7th day of the month, in the same way as the national pension.