Interruption in online service 15 April 06:00–08:00 More information
Customer feedback system: Scheduled maintenance between 06:00 and 08:00, 15 April 2021 More information
If your earnings-related pension is small or if you receive no earnings-related pension, you can receive a national pension. These benefits include old-age pensions and disability pensions.
- National pension, earnings-related pension or both
- Kela pays you a national pension if your earnings-related pension is small or if you receive no earnings-related pension. Earnings-related pensions are paid by authorised pension providers.
- Disability pension and rehabilitation subsidy
- If you become seriously ill or disabled, Kela can pay a rehabilitation subsidy or a disability pension when your earnings-related pension is small.
- Old-age pension
- If you have retired on an old-age pension and your earnings-related pension is small, the old-age pension from Kela provides financial support.
- Early old-age pension
- If you retire on an earnings-related pension before the age of 65 and your earnings-reated pension is small, you can apply for an early old-age pension.
- Guarantee pension
- The guarantee pension provides a minimum pension to pensioners with low income.
- Pension from abroad
- If you have worked abroad, you have possibly accrued pension rights.
Benefits for pension recipients
- Housing allowance for pensioners
- You can apply for housing allowance for pensioners for your permanent rental or owner-occupied home in Finland.
- Reimbursement of medical care expenses
- You can get reimbursement for part of the cost of visiting a private healthcare provider and necessary treatment.
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- You can get reimbursement for your travel costs in connection with the treatment of an illness.
- Kela provides partial reimbursement for the cost of medication prescribed for an illness.
- Annual maximum on out-of-pocket medicine costs
- If you reach the annual maximum for medicine costs, you become entitled to an additional reimbursement.
- Care allowance for pensioners
- You can apply for care allowance for pensioners if your health deteriorates while you are retired.
- Social assistance
- You can apply for basic social assistance if your incomes and assets are not sufficient to cover your necessary everyday expenses.
- Child increase
- You can apply for a child increase if your or your spouse's/partner's children under the age of 16 years live with you in the same household.
- Front-veteran’s supplements
- The front-veteran's supplement and additional front-veteran's supplement are paid on the 7th day of the month, in the same way as the national pension.