Due to updates there may be interruptions in our online services from 23.00 on 27 October until 02.00 on 28 October More information
If you become unemployed or if you are temporarily laid-off or if your studies have ended but you don't have a job, you should immediately register as an unemployed jobseeker in accordance with the instructions of the TE Services.
- Unemployment benefit from Kela?
- Kela provides basic benefits for the unemployed by paying basic unemployment allowance and labour market subsidy.
- The coronavirus outbreak and unemployment
- During the coronavirus outbreak, self-employed persons and employees who become unemployed can apply for unemployment benefits on exceptional grounds.
- If you are laid off temporarily
- Send your application for unemployment benefits during a temporary lay-off to Kela or to your unemployment fund.
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services
- Unemployment benefits can only be paid if you are registered as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services.
- Right to unemployment benefits
- The entitlement criteria for unemployment benefits are laid down by law.
- Report days of unemployment
- Kela pays unemployment benefits on the basis of the unemployment status report.
- When you are ageing
- Ageing unemployed persons may be entitled to, for instance, additional days of unemployment allowance.
- Benefits for unemployed immigrants
- If you are an unemployed immigrant, you should as soon as possible register as an unemployed jobseeker according to the instructions of the TE Services.
- If you are incapable of work
- If you fall ill while unemployed, you can take sick leave. If you are incapable of work, you can also receive other benefits.