Claim special pregnancy allowance online
Send the application and supporting documents online. Log in to the e-service using your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.
- Claim special pregnancy allowance in the OmaKela e-service. Use the application for parental allowances.
- Ask your employer for the start and end dates of the special pregnancy allowance. You will need them for the application.
- Scan the documents or take a picture and send them in OmaKela. Enclose the following with your claim:
- The amount of the special pregnancy allowance is based on your income. Please note:
- Your allowance is calculated on the basis of annual income. Kela usually receives the necessary information from the national incomes register and the insurance providers, so this information need not be reported to Kela separately. .
- If your employer pays you a salary during your special pregnancy leave, state in your claim for what period you are paid a salary. The allowance is paid to your employer for that period, and your employer must submit a separate claim to Kela.
- If the expected due date of your child comes before your second-youngest child is 3 years old, and you claim for allowance based on the same income as last time, you need not state that in your claim. The information will be available to Kela automatically when dealing with your claim.
- You can claim pregnancy allowance and parental allowance once you are 154 days into your pregnancy.
- Visit the OmaKela e-service to see if your claim has been decided, how much you will get and when the allowance will be paid. You can also see possible reminders concerning, for instance, any documents missing from your application. A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post.
When to claim
You can claim special pregnancy allowance as soon as you start your special pregnancy leave.
You should claim the allowance within two months of starting the special pregnancy leave.
Report changes in your circumstances
Remember to report any changes in circumstances to Kela so that the allowance can be paid correctly. Eligibility for special pregnancy allowance can be affected by such things as going to work during the leave.