Rehabilitation course for persons with multiple sclerosis
The rehabilitation course is suitable for you, if
- you have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
- you are able to function independently enough to move around the service provider’s premises without constant assistance and to participate in group-based rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation is arranged for the following target groups:
- persons who are working
- persons who are absent from the labour market.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term “MS-tauti”. Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Purpose of the course
The purpose of the course is to provide support and guidance and to help you cope in everyday life. The course aims to increase your resources and skills so that you are able to participate in a variety of activities in your own living environment.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The rehabilitation is arranged on the service provider’s premises. Each course lasts 10 days and it is divided into 2 periods. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day. An adult person who is close to you can participate in the rehabilitation together with you during 3 days at the end of the final period.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation and between the rehabilitation periods.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in neurology
- registered nurse or public health nurse
- psychologist or neuropsychologist
- social worker, Bachelor of Social Sciences, rehabilitation instructor.
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals and assisting personnel may also take part.