Adaptation training course for persons with multiple sclerosis
The adaptation training course is suitable for you, if
- you have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
- you are able to function independently enough to move around the service provider’s premises without constant assistance and to participate in group-based rehabilitation.
- you have received information about your illness from a healthcare provider and been referred to treatment, but you need additional, multidisciplinary support and guidance.
The course is also available in Swedish.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term “MS-tauti". Please note, the service is in Finnish and Swedish only.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support in the changed situation caused by the disease. You will also receive information and guidance to help you to continue living a life that is as full and meaningful as possible despite your illness. Rehabilitation is also a way of strengthening your resources and life management skills in order for you to be able to function as independently and actively as possible in your everyday life.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The rehabilitation is arranged on the service provider’s premises. The course lasts 5 days. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in neurology
- registered nurse or public health nurse
- psychologist or neuropsychologist.
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals and assisting personnel may also take part.