How to claim reimbursement for dental care expenses
Usually you get the reimbursement for examinations and treatment provided by a dentist in private practice directly at the place of treatment. If this is not the case, you can claim reimbursement from Kela afterwards.
Reimbursement for dental expenses cannot be claimed online. The claim and any supporting documents must be sent to Kela by mail.
- Enclose with your claim forms filled out by the treatment provider which indicate the dentist's fee or the examination or treatment ordered by the dentist.
- Send your application online:
- Save the completed claim form on your device. Note that the claim must be in PDF format.
- and select Tee hakemus.
- Select Sairaanhoito ja lääkkeet and then Hae sairaanhoito- tai lääkekorvausta.
- Select the claim on your device and press Lähetä.
- When you send your claim online you don’t need to sign it.
- If you have supporting documents, sent them via OmaKela after you have submitted your claim. If they are paper documents, you can photograph or scan them.
- Another option is to mail the claim along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA or to your workplace sickness fund.
- Visit Kela's e-service to see how much you have been reimbursed for dental care during the calendar year. You can also look up the Kela reimbursements provided to you as a direct reimbursement.
When to claim
File your claim within 6 months of the original expense.