Technical problem with Kela’s remote customer service More information
Interruption in online customer service 15 December 06:00-19:00 More information
How to book an appointment
Book your appointment online
If you have a Finnish personal identity code and a phone number where you can receive calls, you can use our online booking system to schedule an appointment with a Kela's customer service points or call centre.Book an appointment
- Book an appointment online. You must have a valid phone number and a Finnish personal identity code. Alternatively, you can call one of several customer service phone numbers that give help with different situations.
- If you are booking an appointment on behalf of another person, use that person's information when making the appointment. If you will also be acting on that person's behalf during the appointment, make sure that you have a power of attorney with you.
- If you wish to schedule a phone appointment in Swedish, go to the appointment scheduling system, select Swedish as your language, and then select Telefontidsbokning på svenska as the customer service point.
- Contact Kela if you need an interpreter. You can visit any Kela's customer service points or contact us by phone. Kela's customer service advisor will book an appointment for you, if necessary. They will also book the interpreter.
If you need the assistance of a sign language interpreter to deal with a customer service situation, please contact the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled to obtain the necessary authorisation.
Additional information and instructions for securing the services of a sign language interpreter
If access to your personal data has been restricted (under a turvakielto/sekretessmarkering order), do not book an appointment online. This is because our customer service specialist will not be able to view the restricted information.
More information on customer service arrangements for customers with personal data access restrictions (in Finnish and Swedishonly)
How to cancel your appointment
- Cancel your appointment online. You can cancel your appointment by using the reference code, which you received when booking the appointment.
- If you don't have a reference code, please contact our customer service by phone.
How to proceed when it's time for your appointment
- If you schedule a phone consultation, Kela's customer service advisor will call you at the agreed time. Any telephone calls from Kela to you show up as originating from an unknown number.
- Please make sure you have at hand all documents that might help speed up your service. If you visit a Kela's customer service points personally, please bring your ID with you (driving licence or passport).
- When you book an appointment, you receive a reference code that you can use to cancel your appointment.
If you do not have the reference code with you, you can cancel your appointment by calling the customer service number corresponding to your situation.
The most convenient way to fill in and submit an application is to use Kela's online customer service. The online customer service is open 24 hours a day.