Due to maintenance, users may encounter problems with document retrieval between 18:00 and 21:00 on 11 May 2021 More information
Due to updates there may be interruptions in our online services from 23:00 on 11 May until 06:00 on 12 May More information
- Disability allowance for persons under 16 years
- The disability allowance is intended to provide support in the everyday life of children with a disability or chronic illness.
- Disability allowance for persons aged 16 years or over
- The disability allowance is intended to provide support for young persons and adults with a disability or chronic illness as regards their daily life, studies and work.
- Care allowance for pensioners
- The care allowance is intended to provide support for pensioners with a disability or chronic illness as regards their daily life, maintaining of functional ability, rehabilitation and care.
Economic support and compensations
- Rehabilitation allowance
- Provides economic security during participation in rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation allowance for young persons
- Young persons can be granted rehabilitation allowance during studies or other rehabilitation intervention whose purpose is to help the client move into work.
- The national pension provides economic support during incapacity for work. Low-income pensioners can also receive a guarantee pension.
- Housing benefits
- Kela provides assistance with housing costs in a number of different ways. If your income is small, you can apply for a housing allowance.
- Reimbursement for medicine expenses
- Kela pays reimbursement for medicines, clinical nutrients and emollient creams prescribed to you for the treatment of your illness.
- Reimbursement for travel costs
- Reimbursement can be paid for travel costs in connection with health care and rehabilitation.
- Social assistance
- Basic social assistance may be available if income and assets do not cover essential daily expenses.