Interruption in e-services on 26 September 2021 between 00:00 and 11:00, affecting the following identification method: OP More information
Interruption in e-services between 22:00 and 06:00, 23−24 September 2021, affecting the following identification method: Mobile ID More information
No appointment confirmation, change or cancellation messages will go out to customers between 05:00 and 20:00 on 25 September 2021 More information
Interruption in online customer service 25 September 05:00-20:00 More information
How to apply for labour market subsidy
Apply for labour market subsidy online
Send the application and supporting documents online. Log in to the e-service using your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.Apply for benefits
- Read first: Right to unemployment benefits.
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services. Unemployment benefits cannot be paid out unless you are registered as an unemployed jobseeker.
- Apply for labour market subsidy online. Please note that the e-service is available in Finnish and Swedish only.
- Unemployment benefits cannot be paid before the date on which you registered as an unemployed jobseeker.
- Scan or take a photo of any supporting documents and send them online. From the application you can check which documents you should enclose with the application.
- You may wish to write a cover note if the document you are sending is relevant to several different benefits.
- Documents that you have sent to the TE Services are not available to Kela.
- If you have received income from self-employment, dividend or rental income or significant interest income, Kela needs documentation on these.
- Kela obtains salary information from the national incomes register. Kela uses this data when processing claims and applications. You will be contacted if additional information is required.
Visit our e-service to see if your application has been decided, how much you will get and when you will be paid. You can also see any possible reminders concerning, for instance, documents missing from your application. A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post.
Alternatively, you can complete and print out the application form for the Unemployment benefits (TT1e, PDF). Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
When to apply
State the dates in the application starting from the day when you became unemployed. However, do not file the first application until after 5 days of unemployment so that the waiting period has been completed.
The first payment period for the unemployment benefit is two weeks. After that, the unemployment benefit is paid every four weeks on the basis of the unemployment status report.
Report days of unemployment
You can only report days of unemployment in the application afterwards. Applications for unemployment benefits can be backdated for up to 3 months.
Kela receives the labour policy statement that is needed for the processing of the application from the TE Services.