Interruption in online service for recruitment 6 June 01:00–08:00 More information
How to apply for labour market subsidy
- Read first: Right to unemployment benefits
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Services. Unemployment benefits cannot be paid out unless you are registered as an unemployed jobseeker.
- Complete an application in Kela's online customer service. To log in to Kela's online customer service, use your bank ID and password or a mobile ID.
- Unemployment benefits cannot be paid before the date on which you registered as an unemployed jobseeker.
From the application you can check which documents you should enclose with the application. Kela obtains salary information from the national incomes register. Kela uses this data when processing claims and applications. You will be contacted if additional information is required.
If you have received copyright royalties, income from self-employment, dividend or rental income or significant interest income, Kela needs documentation on these.
- Send the application and supporting documents via Kela's online customer service system. Documents photographed with a mobile phone are accepted if the pictures are clear and legible. You may wish to write a cover note if the document you are sending is relevant to several different benefits. Documents that you have sent to the TE Services are not available to Kela.
Alternatively you can complete the form Unemployment benefits (TT1e) and send it to Kela.
Notice on coronavirus
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, some entitlement criteria for the unemployment benefits, such as waiting period, work requirement and unemployment benefits for self-employed persons, have been changed temporarily.
Summary of all the changes: Unemployment benefits during the coronavirus outbreak
When to apply
State the dates in the application starting from the day when you became unemployed. However, do not file the first application until after 5 days of unemployment so that the waiting period has been completed.
The first payment period for the unemployment benefit is two weeks. After that, the unemployment benefit is paid every four weeks on the basis of the unemployment status report.
Report days of unemployment
You can only report days of unemployment in the application afterwards. Applications for unemployment benefits can be backdated for up to 3 months.
Kela receives the labour policy statement that is needed for the processing of the application from the TE Services.