Interruption in online service 2 April 06:00–08:00 More information
Corona situation effects Kela’s benefits, services and the processing of applications More information
Eligibility for interpreter service for the disabled
You are entitled to interpreter service for the disabled if
- you have a hearing impairment, vision and hearing impairment or speech impairment
- you have a place of domicile in Finland
- you can express yourself through interpretation and you use a functioning communication method.
Examples of communication methods:
- Finnish sign language or Finnish-Swedish sign language
- sign-supported speech in Finnish or Swedish
- speech interpretation
- written interpretation
- other communication methods for persons with speech impairment, such as communication with pictures.