Eligibility for interpreter service for the disabled

You are entitled to interpreter service for the disabled if  

  • you have a hearing impairment, vision and hearing impairment or speech impairment
  • you have a place of domicile in Finland
  • you can express yourself through interpretation and you use a functioning communication method.

Examples of communication methods:

  • Finnish sign language or Finnish-Swedish sign language
  • sign-supported speech in Finnish or Swedish
  • speech interpretation
  • written interpretation
  • other communication methods for persons with speech impairment, such as communication with pictures.