How to apply for student interpreter service
Kela arranges interpreter service for studies after basic education. You can apply for the right to student interpreter service, if you have been granted the right to interpreter service for the disabled.
Apply for the right to student interpreter service for the whole duration of the studies.
- Complete and print out the form Vammaisen henkilön opiskelutulkkaus, pdf in Finnish (TU 2).
- Enclose a certificate of acceptance from the educational institution. A copy is sufficient.
- Send the application along with all necessary supporting documents by post to Kela. You can also use the message function in Kela's online customer service system to send the supporting documents.
When you have been granted the right to student interpreter service, book an interpreter.
If the studies are prolonged
If your studies are prolonged, you must again apply for the right to student interpreter service by filing a new form Vammaisen henkilön opiskelutulkkaus, pdf in Finnish (TU 2). Enclose a statement from your educational institution indicating that you continue your studies.
Report changes without delay
Please report without delay any changes regarding your studies to the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled and to your interpreter.
Report for instance if
- you interrupt your studies
- you end your studies
- you graduate earlier than planned
- your need of student interpreter service is reduced or you no longer need any student interpreter service
- you change schools
- you change line of study within the school
- the interpreting method or the language you use changes
Following such changes, Kela reviews the decision granting you the right to student interpreter service. You may have to file a new application.