How to claim reimbursement for medicine expenses
Claim reimbursement for medicine expenses from Kela if
- you did not receive the reimbursement due to you directly at the pharmacy
- you have been granted a new entitlement to reimbursement
Reimbursements are only available for products confirmed as reimbursable by the Pharmaceuticals Pricing Board (Hila), which operates in connection with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. Reimbursement is available after meeting a specified initial deductible.
Reimbursement for medicine expenses cannot be claimed online. The claim and any supporting documents must be sent to Kela by mail.
- Fill in the claim form (SV 178e, PDF).
- If the costs were incurred abroad, fill in the form titled Medical care expenses incurred abroad (SV128e, PDF)
- Include with your claim a statement from the pharmacy about your medicine purchases.
- Send your application online:
- Save the application and attachments on your device.
- If the application or attachments are on paper you can photograph or scan them.
- Log in to the e-service. It is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Go to Messages (Viestit).
- Choose the files from your device and press Send (Lähetä).
- When you send your application online you don’t need to sign it.
Another option is to send the application by mail:
- Sign the application and send it with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
- When you want to see if your claim has been decided, visit the e-service.
When to claim
Claim reimbursement for medicine expenses within 6 months after the payment.
Annual maximum on out-of-pocket medicine costs: Claim additional reimbursement within 6 months of the end of the calendar year.
If the costs were incurred abroad, keep the prescription and the packaging for the medicine. They may be needed to determine your eligibility for reimbursement.