How to claim reimbursement for medicine expenses
Claim reimbursement for medicine expenses from Kela if
- you did not receive the reimbursement due to you directly at the pharmacy
- you have been granted a new entitlement to reimbursement, or
- you have reached the annual maximum on out-of-pocket medicine costs.
Reimbursements are only available for products confirmed as reimbursable by the Pharmaceuticals Pricing Board (Hila), which operates in connection with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. Reimbursement is available after meeting a specified initial deductible.
Reimbursement for medicine expenses cannot be claimed online. The claim and any supporting documents must be sent to Kela by mail.
- Fill in and print the claim form (SV 178e).
- If the costs were incurred abroad, fill in the form titled Medical care expenses incurred abroad (SV 128e)
- Include with your claim a statement from the pharmacy about your medicine purchases.
- Mail the claim along with all necessary supporting documents to Kela.
- When you want to see if your claim has been decided, visit the online customer service.
When to claim
Claim reimbursement for medicine expenses and the additional reimbursement within 6 months of the end of the calendar year.
For example, if you reached the annual maximum on out-of-pocket medicine costs in 2018, your claim must reach Kela by 30 June 2019.
If the costs were incurred abroad, keep the prescription and the packaging for the medicine. They may be needed to determine your eligibility for reimbursement.