The Verso course is suitable for you, if
- you are over 18
- you have been suffering from mental health problems for a long time and you have been diagnosed with one of the following:
- schizophrenia or some other psychosis
- severe or psychotic depression
- long-term obsessive compulsive disorder
- an anxiety disorder that significantly impairs your functional capacity
- you are able to function independently enough, for example, to move around the service provider’s premises without constant assistance and to participate in group-based rehabilitation
- a treatment and rehabilitation plan has been made for you that supports achievement of the goals of the course.
The Verso course is not suitable for you, if you have an untreated drinking problem or some other substance abuse problem.
The course is also available in Swedish.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term ”Verso-kurssi”.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support and guidance and to help you cope in everyday life. The course aims to increase your resources and skills so that you are able to participate in a variety of activities in your own living environment.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
Each Verso course lasts 15 days and it is divided into 3 periods and arranged on the service provider’s premises. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in psychiatry or general practice
- registered nurse
- occupational therapist
- social worker, Bachelor of Social Sciences, rehabilitation instructor or Master of Social Sciences (major subject rehabilitation science).
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals and assisting personnel may also take part.