The Silmu course is suitable for you, if
- you are over 18
- you are working, returning to work, studying or receiving rehabilitation subsidy
- you have been diagnosed with mild or moderate depression, or with an anxiety or bipolar disorder
- you have a mental health disorder that weakens your ability to work, study or function.
The Silmu course is not suitable for you, if you have a severe mental health disorder, for example severe depression, severe mental health symptoms or an untreated drinking problem or some other substance abuse problem.
The course is also available in Swedish.
Use the course search to look up when courses are arranged
Use the search term ”Silmu-kurssi”.
Purpose of the course
The aim of the course is to provide support and guidance and to help you cope in everyday life. The course aims to increase your resources and skills so that you are able to participate in a variety of activities in your own living environment.
Content of the course and implementation
The rehabilitation is implemented as group rehabilitation taking each client’s individual goal and need for rehabilitation into consideration.
The course includes group discussions and working in small groups, a variety of activities as well as individual interviews, meetings and discussions with rehabilitation experts.
The Silmu course lasts 15 days and it is divided into 3 periods and arranged on the service provider’s premises. You can stay overnight at the place of the rehabilitation or travel there from home each day. An adult family member or close relative can participate in the rehabilitation together with you during 1 day.
The service provider contacts you before and after the rehabilitation.
The course is implemented by the following experts:
- specialist in psychiatry, general practice or occupational health
- physiotherapist or exercise instructor
- social worker, Bachelor of Social Sciences, rehabilitation instructor or Master of Social Sciences (major subject rehabilitation science).
Depending on your individual needs, other rehabilitation professionals may also take part.