Interruption in e-services on 19 September 2021 between 05:00 and 13:00, affecting the following identification methods: Aktia, Handelsbanken, Oma Säästöpankki, POP Pankki and Säästöpankki More information
How to apply for interpreter services for students
Kela arranges interpreter services for studies after basic education. You can apply for interpreter services for students if you have been granted the right to interpreter service for the disabled.
Apply for the right to interpreter services for students for the whole duration of the studies.
- Fill in the form Vammaisen henkilön opiskelutulkkaus TU 2 (PDF, in Finnish).
- Enclose a certificate of acceptance from the educational institution. A copy of the certificate is sufficient.
- Submit your application online. Save the application and supporting documents on your computer as a PDF file. Log in to Kela’s e-service at www.kela.fi/omakela (in Finnish). Select Vammaisten tulkkauspalvelu (Interpreting services for the disabled) as the subject of your message and attach the application and supporting documents to the message.
- You can also mail your application and supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA.
When you have been granted the right to use interpreter services for students, book an interpreter.
If the studies are prolonged
If you take longer than normal to complete your studies, you must re-apply for the right to use interpreter services for students. Use the form Vammaisen henkilön opiskelutulkkaus TU 2 (PDF) (LINKKI) to apply. Enclose a certificate from your school indicating that you continue your studies.
Report changes without delay
Please report without delay any changes regarding your studies to the Centre for Interpreting Services for the Disabled and to your interpreter.
Report for instance if
- you interrupt your studies
- you end your studies
- you graduate earlier than planned
- your need of interpreter services for students is reduced or you no longer need them
- you change schools
- you change your line of study
- the interpreting method or the language you use changes
Kela checks how the change affects your right to interpretation. You may have to file a new application.