Vocational rehabilitation for young persons
The purpose of the vocational rehabilitation services for young persons is to help you plan your own future and find your way in education and the working world.
You can apply if you are between 16 and 29 and need support in dealing with various everyday situations. You need not supply a doctor’s statement when you apply.
This type of rehabilitation may be right for you for example
- if you have not yet found a suitable education or job or
- if you have interrupted your studies or are at risk of doing so
- if you have interrupted conscript or alternative civilian service and need help to plan your future.
Vocational rehabilitation for young persons is always planned individually. The client is also personally involved in defining the goals that the rehabilitation is designed to reach.
When applying for vocational rehabilitation services for young persons, you need not specify the type of rehabilitation you wish to apply for. Kela will help you find a suitable rehabilitation option.
The following types of rehabilitation can be provided without a doctor’s statement:
- NUOTTI coaching, in which a personal coach supports you in planning your future
- vocational rehabilitation assessment, in which you get help with sorting out your situation and planning rehabilitation interventions
- vocational rehabilitation aimed at supporting the integration into work , in which you get help with choosing an occupation or course of education or with finding and securing employment.