How to apply for housing allowance for pensioners
- Scan or take a photo of any supporting documents and send them online. Enclose the following with the application:
- details of your housing costs: rental agreement, proof of payment for rent or maintenance charge. You do not have to report these details if your landlord reports the details on the rental agreement electronically to Kela. From Kela receives the necessary data electronically.
- details of your own and your spouse's/partner’s income and assets
- When you apply for housing allowance for pensioners for the first time you must always submit an account statement or other certificate on all your accounts and deposits, indicating the balance and interest rate of the account.
- If you receive a pension from abroad, send the decision on the pension to Kela.
- details of any debt and interest on debt.
- Visit our e-service to see if your application has been decided, how much you will get and when you will be paid. You can also see any possible reminders concerning, for instance, documents missing from your application. A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post.
When to apply
Applications for housing allowance for pensioners can be backdated for up to six months.