Income | Our Services | KelaSkip to content


Your income limit is the same as for students attending school in Finland, even though your costs may be higher. You must make sure that you do not exceed the annual income limit.

Report any grants or scholarships you receive and any income you earn abroad to Kela yearly. You do not have to report taxable income earned in Finland. It is notified to Kela by the Tax Administration. 

Kela converts your foreign income into an equivalent amount in euro at the exchange rate quoted by the European Central Bank as valid for the date of conversion.

Last modified 22/4/2021