Waiting period for rehabilitation allowance
Rehabilitation allowance is available after completing a specified waiting period. The length of the waiting period depends on the type of rehabilitation measure.
- You receive sickness allowance or unemployment allowance payments immediately before the rehabilitation begins.
- You have received basic social assistance or you family has received basic social assistance in the month when the rehabilitation allowance is granted or in the month before that.
- You participate in your child’s rehabilitation.
- KIILA rehabilitation
- work try-out
- vocational rehabilitation supporting the integration into work
- vocational rehabilitation assessment
- Taito courses
- individual rehabilitation lasting up to 20 working days
- a adaption training course or family rehabilitation lasting up to 12 working days
- Kela has issued a decision about the provision of vocational rehabilitation in the form of education or training
- rehabilitation allowance for young persons
- individual rehabilitation lasting more than 20 working days
- a rehabilitation course or family rehabilitation lasting more than 12 working days
- you are being paid a full pension when the rehabilitation begins.