Interruption in online service for recruitment 22 February 21:00 – 23 February 04:00 More information
Interruption in online service for claiming sickness allowance More information
Conscript's allowance: Basic assistance
The basic assistance helps with daily expenses which the recipient's other income does not cover, such as:
- personal hygiene and household cleaning
- minor medical expenses, such as health care centre fees and over-the-counter medication
- phone, internet and newspaper subscription
- insurance premiums
- reasonable commuting costs of up to €500 per year
- costs of recreational activities and hobbies.
Who can get basic assistance
Basic assistance can be paid to the spouse/partner and children of a person in active service. It cannot be paid to the person in service him- or herself.
You qualify as a family member if you are
- a married spouse or registered partner
- a cohabiting partner who has a child with the person in active service
- a child who is in the custody of the person in active service.
Cohabiting partners are not considered family members if they do not have a child with the person performing their service.
Married spouses or registered partners cannot get basic assistance if they are separated from their spouse or partner.