Report changes that affect the general housing allowance
Use the OmaKela e-service to apply for a review of your housing allowance
Send your application and supporting documents online. Please note that our e-service is only available in Finnish and Swedish. Log in to OmaKela using your online banking credentials or a mobile ID.
You must notify Kela if your circumstances change. Do so by completing an application for a review of your general housing allowance.
This is required in the following situations:
Change in income
- Your income increases by at least EUR 400 per month.
- Your household’s income decreases by at least EUR 200 per month.
Moving or a change in housing costs
- Your household moves into a new flat or house.
- The rent or maintenance charge paid by your household changes by EUR 50 or more per month.
- A member of your household moves abroad or stays abroad for a period of time.
- The type of tenure on your flat or house changes, meaning for instance that you buy a home that you used to rent.
Change of residents
- The number of household members or the composition of the household changes.
- The household takes on a subtenant, or a sublease ends.
- You get married.
If you want to stop the payment of your housing allowance
If you no longer need housing allowance, use the OmaKela e-service to ask that the allowance is stopped. You can either send a message via OmaKela or call our customer service number.
How to apply for a review of your housing allowance
- Log in to OmaKela.
- On the front page, select the relevant benefit.
- Under the benefit, select “Elämäntilanteeni on muuttunut” (My circumstances have changed).
- Complete the application and send it to Kela.
You can also report the changes in OmaKela under Ilmoita muutoksista (Report changes). First select the topic and then the relevant benefit and the type of change you wish to report.