How to claim sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease
Claiming online is quick and easy
Send the application and supporting documents online. Log in to the e-service using your online banking codes or a mobile certificate.Claim now
- Claim the benefit online. Please note that the e-service is available in Finnish and Swedish only.
- Scan or take a photo of the supporting documents and send them over the internet. What to enclose with your claim
- a statement by the doctor responsible in your municipality or hospital district for infectious disease control ordering you to stay off work, and
- a medical certificate on form A or B, if you are unfit for work. Your employer can report your loss of earnings via the online service for employers.
Contact Information of your employer
- In the personal information section of the online customer service site, you can see whether your claim has been decided and the amount you will receive.
Alternatively you can complete and print out a paper claim form SV8e (PDF). Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA. Remember to state in the claim that you wish to claim sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease.
When to claim
Claim sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease within 2 months of the beginning of the leave of absence from work.