How to claim sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease
Claiming online is quick and easy
Send the application and supporting documents easily online. Documents photographed with a phone are accepted if the photographs are clear.Claim now
- Claim the benefit online. Log in to Kela's online customer service (in Finnish and Swedish) using your bank ID or a mobile ID.
- Scan or take a photo of the supporting documents and send them over the internet. What to enclose with your claim
- a statement by the doctor responsible in your municipality or hospital district for infectious disease control ordering you to stay off work, and
- a medical certificate on form A or B, if you are unfit for work. Your employer can report your loss of earnings via the online service for employers.
Contact Information of your employer
- In the personal information section of the online customer service site, you can see whether your claim has been decided and the amount you will receive.
Alternatively you can complete and print out a paper claim form (SV 8e) and mail it to Kela. Remember to state in the claim that you wish to claim sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease.
When to claim
Claim sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease within 2 months of the beginning of the leave of absence from work.