How to apply for vocational rehabilitation
It is not yet possible to apply online for vocational rehabilitation, which can take the form of vocational rehabilitation assessments, education and training, vocational rehabilitation supporting the integration into work, KIILA rehabilitation. vocational rehabilitation courses, training try-outs, start-up grants for self-employment, and assistive devices. The application must be submitted on a paper application form.
- First see your doctor, who will assess your need for rehabilitation, if necessary recommend rehabilitation, and write a doctor's statement B.
- Fill in and print out an application for vocational rehabilitation (KU 101, PDF). Among the alternatives listed on the form, select the type of rehabilitation for which you are applying.
- If your application concerns assistive devices, fill in and print out a form (KU103, PDF) .
- Enclose with your application a doctor's statement B if your doctor has not already submitted it to Kela. If you are applying for
- KIILA rehabilitation, also enclose an occupational information form completed with your supervisor (KU 200, PDF)).
- education or training, also enclose copies of school diplomas and job references
- a start-up grant for self-employment, also submit the appendix form (KU 105, PDF) and a detailed account of the types of tools you use and of the profitability of your self-employment.
- Mail your application along with the supporting documents to Kela, PL 10, 00056 KELA. You can also send the supporting documents in a message by using our e-service. Log in to the e-service using your online bank credentials or a mobile ID.
- You also have the option of booking an appointment for a personal interview. Kela may also invite you to an interview.
- A written decision on your application will be sent to you by post. You can also view the decision on our e-service.The decision will also be communicated to the rehabilitation provider, who will reserve a place for you in the rehabilitation and accept it as a voucher covering the cost of the rehabilitation. Finally, it is also notified to the doctor who recommended the rehabilitation.
When to apply
File your application with Kela before the start of the rehabilitation. Please note that if the rehabilitation measure has already started, Kela can only cover it from the beginning of the month of application. In exceptional cases, it is possible to move the application deadline backwards by six months.